Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2016

My Wednesday

    Once upon a Wednesday I woke up early and we all went to the bike trail. We usually get together with a few people from our homeschool group at a trail every week and we alternate between two trails (the one with the bridge and the one with the tunnel).
    I went with the ambition of running, but that didn't carry me very far. I fell into time with some of my friends who were walking the trail and Claire ran on ahead to get in her run.
    I walked along with Nathan, Paige and Nathaniel. We talked about our fourth of July experiences, book ideas and other things. Claire met up with us soon after that and we walked across the big bridge.
    At the other side where we usually turn around Nathan declared, "I am going to go the farthest." And he took a step.
    Something sparked inside me. I was going to step just a bit farther. Nathan wasn't going to give up that easily, he went farther. I ran ahead a tiny bit. Nathaniel, Claire and Paige turned around and Nathan and I started running to be the farthest.
    We ran out pretty far for the sake of winning. We came to a set of poles after the bridge. We stopped running and Nathan stepped through the poles as did I. I had run all the way out there and I didn't want to give up, but I didn't want to go very much farther because I knew we would have to run back.
    Nathan apparently wasn't ready to give up because he took another step. I think I only took one more and Nathan did as well and he had gone the farthest. On the way back he told me that had been his last step and if I had gone farther he would have quit.
    I hate the feeling of knowing I was so close to winning. I told him, "The worst part is my Mom probably went farther than us anyway."
    My Mom always runs out with Herbie and she always goes farther than everyone else. We ran back to the rest of the group and chatted on the walk back as well.
    In the car I told Mom the story of me trying to go the farthest and I asked her how farther she had run. She told me she had run to the poles stretched and turned around. By golly we had gone farther by just a smidgen.
    Later, we went swimming with Paige and Nathan again. Mrs. J (Paige and Nathan's Mom) threw some coins into the pool and we swam around in search of them, it was a very fun game. That was rather enjoyable. Then we did a number of other pool related things. We also teamed up and took turns building the un-flippable boat out of pool toys.
    Paige and I dominated, but Claire said she and Nathan hadn't even really been trying. I don't really care because trying or not, we won. We called it a day and went home. Claire drove us around all day and although she screwed up (clicked on the wind shield wipers while making a turn) it wasn't anything major. Just new driver stuff she'll get over soon.
    The rest of the day went without much else interesting. I watched some television, I did some Wednesday Hodgepodge click here to read it, and my day ended in a pretty uneventful manner.
    All in all, I had a blast and I look forward to many summer days in the future spent with my friends and family making fun memories.

Until Next Time,
    Katherine Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by and left a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and hope to hear from you again soon.