Pages

Friday, July 22, 2016

A Little Bit of Life

    I awoke to a new sky and the quiet chatter of Claire and Gabby in the other room. Claire was babysitting her for the majority of the day and they were in Claire's bed talking. I managed to get up and stumble out of my room.
    Then I started into my morning routines. For most of the day I hung out with Claire and Gabby. We painted each other's nails and played outside for some of the time. Then came the time for Gabby to go home at around 2:30 in the afternoon.
    Just after that Claire and I were recruited to unload hay from the wagons. The bales were much lighter than usual, but the heat was suffocating. That is the best word I can think to use to describe it. When we got back, I put an ice cube down my shirt.
    I then went outside and took Cehlyn out to ride her. I was afraid there would be a lot of work that would be necessary, because I hadn't ridden her in a very long time, but she was totally fine. I thought she was trying to give me problems when she began swinging her head, but it turned out she simply had a horsefly on her neck.
    You might think it to be unwise to swat a horse and it really is a bad idea, but there is an unspoken agreement between Cehlyn and I that when she has a horse fly I may swat it. She doesn't give me trouble and she doesn't take my slap the wrong way. I think she may actually appreciate it.

    Horses are incredibly smart animals and that's why I love Cehlyn so much. They are so smart, however, that it's harder for me because I have to learn to monitor my emotions. I can't be upset with Cehlyn or else she will be upset and the hardest thing is that I can't become frustrated or else she will become frustrated and the experience will become miserable.
    When I came through the door into the house, I was hot, exhausted and done. I took a refreshing shower, laid on the couch and looked at different movies and also watched some television. Mom alerted us that Mr. D would be unloading more hay tomorrow at 7:15 in the morning. I was of course cool with that, then.


Until Next Time,
    Katherine Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by and left a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and hope to hear from you again soon.