Pages

Monday, July 18, 2016

Summing up my Sunday

    My Sunday was relaxed. As our first full official day back we didn't really want to rush here and there and everywhere. We got our sleep and got into the swing of things.
    The beginning of the day was just a regular day. Then we went over to Nathan and Paige's to get Claire's cat, Pumpkin. Claire drove us and incase any of you are wondering, we did almost die.
    My Mother's motto when Claire is driving has become, "Stay on your side of the road." You wouldn't believe how many times I have heard that particular phrase repeated to her over and over again.
    When we got there Nathan had no shortage of stories to tell about Paige's driving experiences, but none of them were extremely precarious just obvious mishaps bound to occur when learning to drive.
    When we arrived Paige lead us to Pumpkin's domain, the playroom. He was sprawled across the floor obviously enjoying himself. The cat had clearly done his part to make himself at home. We talked a bit longer before it was time to leave.
    On the way home, we had a very car sick and slightly hysterical kitty. Claire had to put him in the cage for most of the ride. When we got home Claire stated that Pumpkin was not extremely happy with her, but who would be? He had his own private lounging area!
    After a while he came around. Jane and I picked raspberries. Well, Jane picked most of them. I picked about a cup and then took to eating them right off the bush. In the end, we had a decent amount.
    We also made up a bouquet for Mom. I got to drive the golf cart all over as we picked different flowers for the bouquet and of course, I practiced my backing up in the raspberry bushes. Looking back, I could have simply driven through forward.
    We settled into the living room in the evening and watched the Disney movie Wreck It Ralph. My favorite character was Felix. I just thought he was funny.
    Claire and I greatly appreciated all the candy puns hidden in the movie and over all, it was very well made.
    We called it a night and I went to my room and read. I completed a few more hours for the reading program at our local library and that pleased me well enough. Finally, I turned in for the night.
   
Until Next Time,
    Katherine Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by and left a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and hope to hear from you again soon.