Pages

Monday, July 25, 2016

Summing Up My Sunday

    We got up and went to church. Then, afterward I went to my Sunday school class. Our regular teacher wasn't there. Instead, we had a substitute and the lesson was very interesting.
    I discovered that there was supposed to be some sort of soccer camp the following day that I had not the slightest clue about. I learned this from my friend Jewel and she didn't find out about it until very recently. We are both freshman this fall and on the same soccer team. I am looking forward to the season ahead.
    When we got home, Mom came up to me and asked, "Wouldn't it be nice to have a cotton dress for the summertime?"
    I thought it was an odd question and told her, "I already have one."
    "I want one." She replied.
    I like sun dresses, but I find myself with less and less as the years continue. Why do stores not make cute sun dresses for teenagers at decent prices? I mean just because I am not five doesn't mean I hate dresses. I actually am very fond of them.
    The majority of the day followed in a similar manner. I practiced the piano and Claire got a call informing her of the soccer conditioning camp scheduled for the following day.
    We went to our church's youth game night and started off the night by playing capture the flag. The first round passed quickly and my team lost. Then we switched up the teams a bit and the second round we came through.
    The majority of our team went after the flag all at once, after we had located it and outnumbered the few people the other team had guarding it. It was a sweet victory, but in that sort of predicament the other team really couldn't do much. Although, they did try their hardest.  
    After that we played some soccer and Ryan, Nathaniel, Claire and I chatted. Ryan and Nathaniel listen to some of the same music. Ryan told Claire and me that it was not elevator music.
    He said that the music they play during Jeopardy when the contestants are thinking is elevator music. I think I might have said something along the lines of, "That sounds sort of like your music."
    Nathaniel had rolled his eyes and said sarcastically, "Yes, I go up in my room and just listen to the ten hour version of Jeopardy."
    After that the four of us played some carpet ball, but I didn't get a chance to, because we had to leave. I didn't really mind. I'm not really a big fan of carpet ball.
    We drove Nathaniel home and he wrote down a list of songs for Claire to listen to. We picked up Jane, who had been over at Nathaniel and Nicole's house playing with Nicole. Claire drove us back in the rain.
    She had some slight difficulty with the windshield wipers as we exited their driveway, but she was careful on the wet roads and we made it home safely.
    Claire listened to one of the country songs that Nathaniel had suggested and even though he doesn't like country that song was very country. Apparently it was in the minority of country songs he does like.
    Head Over Boots By Jon Pardi has been playing through this house more than I would like it to.
    Claire happened to really enjoy that song. She also has a tendency to over play and wear out the songs she likes.
    I have managed to keep my sanity and plan to continue to hold on to it, no matter how many times Claire plays, plays and then replays that already rather repetitive song.

Until Next Time,
    Katherine Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by and left a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and hope to hear from you again soon.