Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Onward

    I woke up a little later today. I think I am finally adjusting to the time change. We set up and left. Our first stop was a tires place. We left the trailer there and went over to the laundry mat where we left Mom. Then we went to Jiffy Lube and they changed our oil. The people there were all very professional.
    Mom went into the grocery store and she found all natural Harvest beef jerky with no nitrates. So, there was a win there.
    We stopped and had lunch at Burger King and Jane found some pleasure in putting the Burger King crowns on the two dogs in her seat. Herbie and Sparky were wearing their crowns proudly and I asked her to take a picture so I could share it with you:

    We started west again this time slightly less sure of our destination. Claire said that she didn't want to see Mount Rainier, Jane said she did and I said I just wanted to see the caves in Oregon
    We then passed through another time zone. In Idaho we were 3 hours ahead of the time that I was used to. It actually felt pretty cool like I was getting away with something by being in a different time zone. It kind of felt like I had more hours in my day, even the day before it did, when I technically didn't.
    In the beginning of Idaho there were hills, trees and a big open sky, but no potatoes. It didn't look any different than Montana, which made sense, because we had previously been in Montana.
    We stopped at Wallace park to walk the dog. Apparently it was the silver capitol of the world. We walked around and looked at some of the mining tools and equipment. It was very interesting:

    The ride continued as we loaded the dogs back into the car and drove on. The rest of the day wasn't very exciting. It was filled with driving.
    We made it to Washington later in the day and I took a picture:

    We set up at the campground and went to bed.

Until Next Time,
    Katherine Rose

2 comments:

  1. Please tell your mama that this trip is a continuous dose of Daylight Savings Time! Haha!😉

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by and left a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and hope to hear from you again soon.