Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. Do you find yourself influencing your world, or is it more the other way around?

    I guess right now I would have to say neither. I try not to be influenced by the world, but I'm not quite sure how well I'm doing at influencing the world either.

2. July 14th is National Tape Measure Day...the device was patented on this date in 1868. When did you last use a tape measure? Do you always know where to find one in your house? Tell us one way in which you feel blessed 'beyond measure'. 

    I am going to take a guess and say that the last time I used a type measurer was sometime in May or June when Dad was showing Claire and me how to throw the shot put and discus. Let's just say I'm a work in progress.
    Sometimes the tape measure is in the kitchen in a drawer by the sink. Sometimes.
    One way I feel blessed 'beyond measure' is all the family and friends that I have around me, surrounding me and lifting me up.

3.The Plaza Hotel (Eloise), The Land of Oz (The Wizard of Oz), Narnia (The Chronicles of Narnia), The Hundred Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh), Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland), or Never Never Land (Peter Pan)...which storybook land (on this list!) would you most like to visit and why? 

    I think I would like to visit Never, Never Land! Even though there are pirates, there is also pixie dust. I have also always liked Peter Pan.


4. Where and when do you get your best ideas?

    I usually get my best ideas at night, some place quiet. Sometimes however, ideas just randomly come to me. I  wouldn't say that all of them are the best.   

5.  So what have you been watching on TV this summer? Anything good? 

    So far? Nothing much. I've been on the road for some of it and all the good shows I like watching haven't come out with new seasons yet, so I'm waiting.

6. 'Don't swim for an hour after you eat', 'Dog days of summer', 'Knee high by the Fourth of July'...choose a summer saying from the list or share one of your own, then tell us what image or memory comes to mind when you hear it spoken.

    I'm not much for sayings, but I guess 'Don't swim for an hour after you eat' might be the one that brings in memories. Mainly, because I never follow this rule. :)

7. In a single sentence, sum up one life lesson you've learned. 

    Life's not fair.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

    I was reading my history Uncle Sam and You by Ray and Charlene Notgrass with Mary Evelyn McCurdy and Bethany Poore and there was a whole lesson about stop signs. It made me realize that any movie set before 1954 should have yellow stop signs with black lettering and not the traditional red we are used to. Now, I can be overly critical of every 50's movie ever made. :)

Until Next Time,
    Katherine Rose 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Wednesday Hodgepodge! Thanks for joining in today. I like the stop sign trivia and will share with my hubs. He loves finding little errors like that in films. Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by and left a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and hope to hear from you again soon.