Pages

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Wednesday HodgePodge

From this Side of the Pond




1. What's something you'd rate a 10/10? Tell us why.
    I would rate the book I am currently reading for my school, The Hiding Place Corrie Ten Boom with John and Elizabeth Sherrill, a 10/10. I haven't made it very far in, but my expectations were low. Since it was schoolwork I was expecting it to be a real drag. 


2. What job would you be terrible at? What makes you think so?
    I feel like I would be an awful Psychologist. I would say something wrong, and people would end up hating me and committing suicide and what not; it would just be messy. In short I plan to steer clear of that field of work.


3. When did you last take a
fall? What's something you're falling for (in a good way) these days?

    I last took a fall yesterday on the soccer field. It's not an uncommon occurrence though. I tend to fall while playing soccer all the time. I am one of those annoying kids that just flops over when you poke them, and I'm not trying to flop, I'm not that smart :) I just have terrible balance and so I flop over and then pop back up. Usually, I end up on the ground by tripping over my own two feet!
    Lately, I have been falling for the song Attention by Charlie Puth. The tune is just so catchy!

4. According to the Travel Channel here are some of America's best fall festivals-
National Apple Harvest Festival (near Arendtsville PA, close to Gettysburg), Harvest on the Harbor (Portland Maine), German Village Festival (Columbus Ohio), Wellfleet Oyster Fest (Cape Cod), and Wine and Chile Fiesta (Santa Fe NM)

Have you ever been to any of the festivals listed? Which one appeals to you most? Does your hometown have any sort of fall celebration, and if so will you make it a point to attend?\

    I have never been to any of the above listed fall festivals, but if I were to go to one it would most likely be the National Apple Harvest Festival. My small town does have a fall festival called the Springs Festival, and it's a decently big deal. I go every year and am planning to attend this year.

5. What is your goodbye message to summer?


    I will miss you. (Emotionally wipes eyes) It's like one second you were here and now you're gone, and I spent my whole winter waiting for you, only to have you leave again. (Deep sobs) Why do you always leave? (Cue the Sentimental music) I will forever cherish the time we spent together and look forward to meeting you again next year. (Crescendo) Good-bye jean shorts, flip-flops, swimsuits, hot days, swimming pools, and lazy days. Good-bye Summer. [End scene]


6. Insert your own random thought here.
 
    I have all of my school books scattered across my floor and every night now for the past week Claire has made an effort to come in here and try to straighten them, but to no avail. Within the first hour of school, the books are a complete jumble on my floor again. However, I love her for trying :)

Until Next Time,
    Katherine Rose
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by and left a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and hope to hear from you again soon.