Pages

Sunday, May 28, 2017

A Collection of Stories From My Past Week: May 21-27

    It's been busy, that's a given and now in the middle of my dreary Saturday I'd like to take a moment to review a collection of stories from my past week.

Sunday - May 21
     I went to church and of course, folded my bulletin into paper boat(s). Then I came home and spent a little bonding time with Cehlyn (the horse) and although she was very against it, we went for an enjoyable ride. She was very ornery as we traipsed about up and around the fields. Finally I allowed her back into her field and went in the house and hung out with Paige and Claire.

Monday -May 22
    The day portion was of the uneventful sort and in the evening time we went over to the school and attended the athletic banquet. I received my varsity letter, and a pin for both soccer and track. I was thrilled to hold the symbol of all my hard efforts this past year in my hand.

Tuesday -May 23
    Tuesday was a relatively long day. Claire was babysitting Gabby in the morning and I spent time playing with her until I had to leave to go to track -uniform turn in and clean up day. The boys took to spiking the mice that had been secretly living peaceably beneath the pole vault pit. It was rather gory and I tried my best to avoid the situation after catching sight of a mouse laying with it's intestines spilled across the ground beside it.
    Afterwards, Rachael, Maddie, Jewel, Claire and I all went to Sheetz and then hung out at the school playground where we rediscovered the lost art of hopscotch. Then Claire drove Maddie, Jewel and I over to where the youth group was performing yard work as a fund raiser. We helped with that until Jewel, Claire and I had to leave in the middle for the soccer meeting.
    At the soccer meeting I again became psyched for the upcoming soccer season. It was weird to think that this time around I will be a sophomore. After collecting the paper work that mom needed to fill out to allow us to play again this year we went back to the youth group function and cleaned with them until completion. Then, finally, we went home!

Wednesday -May 24
    This day was less eventful. Claire watched Gabby in the morning, and in the evening we had a group violin lesson. I also made oatmeal cookies. Recently I have been obsessed with oatmeal. I don't know why, but is so much fun and has such a great texture. I found oatmeal cookies were extremely easy to make (and to clean up) and I was sold. Now I'm not exactly fond of baking or cooking generally and a lot of people were confused when I took to making oatmeal cookies, but they are so delicious I almost don't mind the baking part (almost).

Thursday -May 25

    Hooray! Claire's 17th birthday was on Thursday! I made sure to greet her at 12:01 am with the song uptown funk. It's pretty much a tradition. Ever since her fifteenth birthday I have been successful at ensuring that it is the first song she hears when she is her new age. She has stopped trying to fight it.
    Near the end of the day Claire and I played an AYSO soccer game. It was really laid back because we're pretty much all friends. Not enough of the other team showed up so we lent them some of our players (some of our best players actually) and we lost, but not by much.
    Following the game we went to youth group and I folded my signature origami boats.

Friday -May 26
    Let me sum it up for you.
    Math.
    Four hours of Math! I completed three lessons and dappled a bit in a few others. In short it was a long day and yet I didn't mind the math. It was weird because I generally despise math, but for some reason on Friday I was somewhat enjoying solving for X. Claire and I worked on quadratic equations. She asked me to help her out with them and when I did I found it helped me to better understand them also, which was a big win!
    So yes, Friday I did Math.

Saturday -May 27

    Saturday nothing terribly exciting occurred. I woke up and did more math. It was less enjoyable, but I still managed to complete two lessons which is a great feat for myself, because I normally spend a great deal of my power on just one that by the time I have completed it my mathematical skills are dead for the rest of the day. The rest of the day passed by in a rather normal manner and that brought my week to a close.

    After reviewing I now look forward to the coming week ready to undertake the great challenge of conquering it.

Until Next Time,
    Katherine Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by and left a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and hope to hear from you again soon.