Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. I read here a list of 13 things you should do in June. I'm paraphrasing a little but basically...

Go on a road trip with your best friend, pick fresh strawberries, host a garden party, take a morning run, treat yourself to a flower bouquet, spend a whole day hiking, discover a new coffee shop, try a new ice cream flavor, read at least one book, visit a Farmer's Market, make a swing for your home, and visit a new city. 

Which thing on the list do you most want to do? Of the activities mentioned, which one holds the least appeal? How many on the list will you attempt in June? What's one thing you'd add to the list?

    The thing on the above list that I would most want to do would be to go on a road trip with my best friend, only I would like to modify it so I could bring my best friends.
    The activity above that holds the least appeal for me is tied between treating myself to a flower bouquet and picking fresh strawberries, because I don't really like bouquets all that much, I mean they're nice, but that's basically the only purpose they serve, and picking strawberries strikes me as more of a chore, because we have berry bushes and it isn't all it's cracked up to be standing in the hot sun picking berries. Eating fresh strawberries in a lounger by a pool is a different story though, and that is something I would like to do :)
    Of the activities listed, I don't know that I'll attempt very many of them, but I most likely will attempt to read at least one book, visit a new city, take a morning run, spend a whole day hiking, and discover a new coffee shop.
    One thing I would add to the list would be a day with my friends, be it at the park, in the pool or just wherever. That would be a fun summer day. I might also add "Spend a day at the pool." because that really deserves to be on the list.
   


2. What's something you could do today to feel more peaceful? 

    One thing I could do today to feel more peaceful would be to ride my horse, Cehlyn.

3. June 7th is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day. Are you a fan? Swiss mocha, rocky road, chocolate chocolate chip, peanut butter and chocolate, or a dish of plain chocolate...what's your pleasure? 

    Actually ice cream isn't really my thing. I'll eat it occasionally and I prefer the soft serve. I basically eat my ice cream for the toppings. Also has anyone else noticed just how many national holidays there are? There are only so many things in my opinion worth a national holiday.  I wouldn't say chocolate ice cream is one of them, but chocolate is usually my ice cream preference.

4. If you came with a warning what would it say?

    Warning: You may be temporarily blinded by my awesomeness.
    I think I saw a shirt or something that said that, but really I can't really think of a warning for myself except maybe, warning: What you see is what you get :)

5.What's the most interesting website you've visited in the last week? 

    I haven't come across very many interesting websites in the past week, but I would say the most interesting was probably www.google.com since I went there a lot anyway.

6. Spring, summer, autumn, winter...which season are you? Why? 

    Which season am I most like? I can't really say. I know summer is my favorite. I guess we'll go with spring, because it's new and different

7. "You lose sight of things...and when you travel, everything balances out." ~Daranna Gidel

Would you agree with that sentiment? Explain why or why not.  

    I don't really agree with this. I think if you simply take a step back and view the bigger picture, you don't have to travel around the world to see what you need to see. It's all a matter of focus and perspective and sometimes distance has nothing to do with it.
8. Insert your own random thought here.

    Today is National best friend day and so I would like to take the time to thank my best friends for being such great friends.
    Thank you Alexis for being supportive and helpful and funny. Thank you Jane and Claire for being such great sisters and thanks Nicole, just cause you're my best friend :)

4 comments:

  1. You are right about the flowers. I much prefer flowers growing in a pot or outside so they continue to bloom. Good answer to number 7.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I definitely agree a pool day (or several) need to be on that list! Enjoy the rest of your week : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. When our summer starts to get really nasty.. as it does in MO, I would love to take a dip in a pool.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by and left a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and hope to hear from you again soon.