Pages

Friday, June 17, 2016

We Are Off...Finally

    This crazy trip is underway. We have two dogs packed into the backseat with Jane and one dog in the cargo area. The camper is finally packed and the chicken coop is clean.
    I am looking forward to what we are going to see and discover while on this trip. Not a whole lot has happened except the leaving part. That's a step in the right direction though. We should be out west in a matter of days.
    I am very glad this car is comfortable because I am going to be here for a little while.
    Packing was interesting and hectic, but we finished finally. I can't tell you how much clothes I stuffed in my compartment, because every time I looked at my closet I thought of yet another thing I might need.
    I will admit I found a sneaky way of bringing more clothes with me on this trip. It's called layering. It's very effective. I wore a white active tank top, a cute black sleeveless jacket and a sleeved jacket over that.
    Jane was a little less concerned with packing and focused her free time mostly on the kittens we were preparing to leave behind. I am not completely convinced she brought everything she will need and I probably should have checked on that before we left, but at this point I don't really care. I am just glad we have set out.
    Mom made sure she had everything for the dogs. Yes, the leashes, the new collar, the bowls, the water bowl, the food, and their papers. She packed just about everything else too, so I bet she is exhausted.
    Dad took care of the outdoor work and thanks to him the camper is in working order and the trip is underway.
    Claire managed a football into her compartment, but she is mostly worried about her cat that went to stay at Paige and Nathan's house. He isn't used to being in the house and the last update we received from Paige was a picture of him sleeping on Nathan's lap while Nathan was watching television.
    I have a feeling this is going to be quite an adventure.

Until Next Time,
    Katherine Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by and left a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and hope to hear from you again soon.