Pages

Monday, October 24, 2016

Who Is Paige?

    Paige, I have known since I was five, but she was always  Claire's friend. She and Claire played dolls together and talked on the phone for hours. They also talked about dolls and played dolls while they were on the phone.
    I remember picking up the other handset on our home phone and annoying those two while they gabbed. It was a lot of fun, but then I got banned from doing that. So, instead, one time I recorded myself singing a song (I wrote it myself) about how I could hear them talking. Then I put it outside Claire's door when she was on the phone with Paige and left. Occasionally, I came back to replay the recording.
    Later, I started to think of Paige as more of a friend, but she is still mostly an older sister figure to me. When I want advice on clothes or shoes or anything out of Claire's department, I ask Paige.
    Paige and I became closer when we connected over music. We wrote a few songs together and sang plenty of other ones. I also like to burden Paige with my books. So, I really appreciate her for reading them.
    Then she became a vegetarian, which doesn't bother me. However, instead of eating meat, she eats ranch dressing. Yes, this is sort of strange, but I honestly don't think she cares (I mean she obviously eats other things for protein), but she eats goldfish covered in ranch dressing, like soup.
    When one of my friends learned she was a vegetarian his simple response was, "I will pray for you everyday."
    Paige is not afraid to be her honest self and she's not afraid to tell other people the honest truth. She's really been a wonderful person in my life and I appreciate her very much.
    That's who Paige is to me.

Until Next Time,
    Katherine Rose
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by and left a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and hope to hear from you again soon.