Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2017

A Trip To Florida

    We went to Florida to visit my Grandpa and celebrate his birthday. It was nice to catch a break and enjoy some sun on my shoulders. Snow is the current decoration at my home so the warmth was a welcome change. 
    To celebrate my Grandpa's birthday, we went to a show in the style of the Andrew sisters and Harry James. It was very good and it made me want to dance. I think it would be awfully fun to go to a dance with classic music like that.
    Of course, the beach and the pool dominated most of our visit. One day, while we were at the beach we were given the chance to see a jelly fish that had washed up on shore. Claire tried to lift it back into the ocean using a stick however it didn't work and the thing proved to be fairly heavy.
    In short, the jelly fish did end up back in the ocean, however before it did we managed to obtain a photo of it:
   
    Another highlight of my week was shopping. To prepare for the summer months ahead we went summer clothes shopping. I found a wonderful assortment of clothing between the Beall's Outlet we shopped at, and the various thrift stores -satisfying my need for church clothes.
    In honor of my Grandfather's birthday we also went to a fancy restaurant where they failed to accommodate my innocent request for a simple BLT (even though they had all the ingredients). Slightly depressed, I ordered something else on the menu a little more their speed: bread and a salad,
which, although it wasn't a BLT, was still good.  
    The next day we set out towards home and stopped at a Steak 'N Shake along the way which was happy to prepare me a BLT. We were blessed by another near death tractor trailer experience while driving on the highway. We were pushed off the road and almost into the guard rail. Luckily, Dad was in the driver's seat and the situation was handled.
    In short it was a wonderful visit and it was nice to take a break in Florida with my family.

Until Next Time,
    Katherine Rose

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your trip sounded awesome, I'm glad you finally did get a real BLT then. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by and left a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and hope to hear from you again soon.