Pages

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Memory Board

    A little while ago I got a bulletin board, and it has finally been hung on my wall. I decorated it with all kinds of things that remind me of my goals and of the special people in my life.
    Here is a picture:
    It's still partially empty waiting to be filled with memories of things that haven't happened yet.
    The locket hanging on it is from Paige. I got it some years ago from her as a Christmas present. The locket eventually broke but I still wear it. I never got around to putting a picture in it so I tell people it's a picture of my imaginary boyfriend -Steve.
    The valentine is from Emily. For Valentine's Day we had a competition to see who could make the other the best Valentine. I would say Emily won :)
    The pencil is from Rebecca. She decorated it and gave it to me for one of my birthday's. I never had the nerve to use it, but I held on to it. Eventually, I came to the conclusion that the pencil would never get it's proper use in and would stand as a decoration instead.
    The drawing with the word Mom on it is of a Deer. Keith drew it for me (he's 4). He also drew me another one on the same day and when I held out the deer and thanked him for it he looked at me skeptically and said, "Where are the other ones?" I had to reassure him that I still had them and they were simply in my bag.
    My friend Nathan (not Paige's brother; to minimize confusion I will call him Nathan C.) made the origami boats. He's very creative and attends my homeschool group, church and we were on the same soccer team last year.
    The two cards hanging up I received for my 14th birthday. The sock puppet one is from Alexis; inside it tells the story of Rufus and how he should be a motivational speaker, even though he can't talk. Then the one beside it is from Ryan and Micah; inside it are all of the important characters that have developed -including Steve, Joe (Unicorn), Juan Pedro (Unicorn) and Not Olivia (Soccer ball).
    The guitar picks stand as a reminder of how much I enjoy music and also I don't mind leaving them up there, because I absolutely despise playing the guitar with a pick. It becomes to loud.
    As the days and weeks go by I hope my Memory Board will grow more and more crowded, with fond remembrances that I will have to cherish for the rest of my life.

Until Next Time,
    Katherine Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by and left a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and hope to hear from you again soon.