Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2016

A Collection of Stories From My Past Week

    I had a full week and now I'd like to share some of my moments with you. Here are a collection of stories from my past week.

    Sunday-

    I took my emoji pillow with the sunglasses named Steve that Paige gave me to the youth game night at our church. A little boy took a liking to it and decided he had better take it home. I mustered up the most solemn look I could and said, "You don't want to do that, because my friend Paige gave me that pillow and if I don't get it back, I'll have to send her to get it and you don't want Paige to be mad at you."
     Rebecca was walking by and I called out to her and asked, "You don't want Paige mad at you, do you?"
    "Oh no." She had said sensing my serious vibe. He hadn't really intended to take the pillow home, but I found some enjoyment in that conversation nonetheless.

    Monday-

    I finally got to enjoy a summer sleep. I slept late and enjoyed summers famous lazy days.
   

    Tuesday-

    Claire and I were waiting in the car for Jane and Mom. Claire was showing me a sort of replay of how she accidentally honked the horn while coming down the driveway the other day. During her retelling she honked the horn again.
    Claire realized Mom might have thought she was honking for her to hurry up. She changed the radio station from the one she likes to the one Mom likes and said, "Just in case." Then she hurried into the house.
    It humored me that she thought to change the radio stations and although Mom wasn't mad I thought it was a pretty funny mishap.

    Wednesday-

    Jane and Mom were going through the books on Jane's bookshelf and getting rid of the ones she had grown out of. Claire found a book called Smelly Socks by Robert Munsch. It was about a little girl who got a new pair of socks and refused to change them.
    I do not know where we got that book, however it was one of the most random children's books I have ever heard and it created some enjoyment for us.
 

    Thursday-

    We went to the lake. The water is brown and some people call it ice tea lake, just because of its coloring. When we stood we realized the water was leaving a layer of scum on our skin. It was because of the pine sap and leaves and things in the water. It was very slick. Later as we played our amped up version of monkey in the middle we realized it was very hard to hold peoples arms because they would slip completely through our grasp.

    Friday-

    We went to the park for our homeschool group get together and I was sitting and chatting with an adorable three year old.
    We were talking about food and he told me he liked a certain food and I told him I liked it too. I asked him if he liked popcorn and he said yes and I said I did too. 
    He exclaimed. "Why do you like everything I like?"
    I said. "Do you like hamburgers."
    He told me yes and I told him that I didn't like those and he celebrated.

  Saturday-

    Nathaniel came to our house and when he saw our dog Herbie he pet him and said. "I missed this dog." Herbie was thrilled to see him, because it had been awhile."
    I think Nathaniel may enjoy visiting with our dogs more than he enjoys visiting with us. :)

    Thanks for reading! I look forward to another exciting week ahead.

Until Next Time,
    Katherine Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by and left a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and hope to hear from you again soon.