Pages

Friday, January 6, 2017

A Successful Bible Quizzing Practice

    Yesterday was bible quizzing practice and we were the first to arrive. The snow was simply gorgeous last night and Claire somehow convinced me to get out of the warm car and run around in the snow covered parking lot.
    I began running in lines and disrupting the snow. Soon, I found I could draw pictures by running through the snow in particular lines and Claire and I busied ourselves in the snow until people started arriving. Finally, we decided it would be a good idea to go inside and study our material a bit.
    During our study period, my team gathered together and decided on a name. Since we are memorizing the book of Acts this year I decided it might be fun to make a pun on the word Acts. Our official team name is now The Acts Wielding ManiActs (Maniacs). I was pleased because we were able to fit two Acts puns into one team name.
    The practice quiz went decently and my team won. I am excited for this quiz season, because I think my team will do pretty well. My teammates are Alexis, Nathan and Nathaniel, so even if we don't win we will have an enjoyable time.
    After we had finished practicing Micah told a short joke. He turned to Shaina and said, "Someone asked me if I liked Switzerland, and I said the flag is a big plus."
     Of course, me being me, I wasn't able to just leave the joke alone. I looked at Micah and said, "Has anyone everyone asked you who asked you if you liked Switzerland?"
    "No." He admitted.

    We exchanged a bit more conversation on the topic, until finally I looked to Micah and said, "Do you like Switzerland?"
    He smiled and said, "Well the flag is a big plus."
    "Now, when you tell that joke you can say I asked you if you like Switzerland." I pointed out. Then since Claire was casually walking by I pulled her into the conversation and instructed her to listen to Micah's joke.
    He told her the joke by saying that I had indeed asked him. Claire didn't bother inquiring why I had asked Micah if he liked Switzerland in the first place, but later as I relayed the conversation to her she admitted she had thought it slightly odd that I would ask him that.
    After going over yesterdays quiz practice I would deem it a successful night.

Until Next Time,
    Katherine Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by and left a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and hope to hear from you again soon.