Pages

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Track and Field

    This past week has been a busy one. Monday was the very first day of track and field and I went in ready to subject my eager limbs to all sorts of forms of grueling torture. Forcing myself to struggle through our warm up each day was a small victory in itself.
    Jewel, Claire, Maddie and I all stuck together pretty well this week, but I have a feeling as we begin working on events, that will slowly change.
    On Tuesday after practice, I came to the simple resolve that my legs had officially disowned me, but I was better off than Jewel. Her legs were shaking while she was simply standing there. I admire her for pushing herself that far though.
    I persevered with the hope that it would get better. This year I am going to attempt high jump, pole vault and hurdles. On Thursday, since the weather was fair and we were outside for the day, I got my first taste of hurdles for the season.
    Jewel and I went to experience the hurdles together. Claire wanted to come and try out hurdling as well, but she is not allowed because our coach has decided she is necessary for other events.
    Maddie decided she wants to run distance. Such a brave soul. RIP Maddie. Basically, on Thursday as I was jumping over hurdles she was just running... the entire practice.
    Friday it snowed, and we were forced back inside. I felt like I was on the home stretch because laid out before me was a relaxing weekend I just had to get there. Although, now I feel a sense of dread for Monday.
    In two weeks, Junior High will join us for our practices. I have come to learn that most of the varsity athletes don't like the junior high kids very much, but I am looking forward to their presence.
    I don't know why I plan on continuously showing up to these grueling practices, but something is making me climb into the car with Claire each day. Only time will tell if all of this was worth anything.

Until Next Time,
    Katherine Rose

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know, I think it's very ambitious and admirable of you to pursue all of those athletic sports,I wish you all the best in practice!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by and left a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and hope to hear from you again soon.