Pages

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Wrapping Up Another Season of Bible Quizzing

    Bible Quizzing has officially ended. It's a bittersweet good-bye until next year, because although I am relieved that I no longer have to study and memorize, I will miss the actual prospect of quizzing itself.
    Quiz camp is the last event of bible quizzing. It's basically a two day camp where all the quiz teams face off to end with one ultimate champion. This year, my team made it farther than I had ever made it before and we participated in the championship quiz.
    Quizzing was nerve wracking and stressful, but when I wasn't quizzing, I found it an enjoyable time. The first evening of camp, I wandered around a bit with Ryan and after mastering the art of making a cappuccino, I successfully beat him at a game of checkers.
    I got rather lucky since my checker skills aren't really anything to brag about, but I managed to pull out a win and I think (although this may seem childish) I will refrain from playing him again. That way I can remain undefeated between the two of us.
    The camp had a gym and I spent a good amount of my time out there tossing around a ball with no particular goal in mind. When I am not aiming at anything, I am always much more pleased with my performance. I tried to shoot a few hoops, but that ended rather badly, managing only to make them when using my signature toss "the granny throw".
    At night the conversation in our room varied, but all of it was light hearted and enjoyable. However, in a rather unfortunate turn of events I was only able to seize two and a half precious hours of sleep. In the morning (needless to say)I was very tired and during most of my earlier quizzes I do not recall what exactly went on.
    At the camp also was a large wooden maze of sorts but the maze was stacked on top of itself to form six stories of wooden tunnels. I spent a good majority of my time crawling through the tight space and participating in a fun competition to see who could crawl through it the fastest. Since it wasn't extremely large, I was able to crawl through it in 1 minute and 19 seconds. However there was a boy who managed to make it through the entire thing in 48 seconds.
    Quizzing dominated most of my time however and after facing off against the other teams in order to make it into the championships I was worn out. By dinner time I was rather nervous with the impending final quiz weighing heavy on my mind. I did not do very well in the championship quiz answering only two questions correctly and my team came in third. It was saddening, but I was still proud of us for making it that far, however it just made the loss a little harder.
    Having made it through my third year of quizzing I have successfully memorized, to the best of my ability, the entire book of Acts. I am eager to discover what book we will be quizzing on next year, but I'm not ready for another season to start yet. Reflecting on my season results, I am satisfied with my personal results, however I am reminded that I could have done much better at quiz camp.
    It's sad that the quiz season has finally come to an end, but also a rather large relief, because I now have more time to pursue my other passions.

Until Next Time,
    Katherine Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by and left a comment. I enjoy reading what you have to say and hope to hear from you again soon.